Monday, October 23, 2017

Suicide

Will you stay being friends with someone who is suicidal, or cut off the friendship turn your back on them and walk away?

Suicide is a serious mental illness and more common than what we know. After being friends with someone who strongly believe in Suicide, I couldn't deal with it and I just shut him out and unfriended him. Was that mean? yes absolutely. It was actually the first time I acted selfish to protect myself and my emotions.

Because after experiencing the death of a few friends via Suicide, that is an experience that I didn't want to be part of. So, if you are Suicidal and you refuse to seek professional help, you can unfriend me to. I don't want to be part or walk no one's Hell. I already lived and walked my Hell, and I came out of it Alive. I CHOOSE to live and enjoy life, even when life is shitty, I love and enjoy life. It is the hardest, worst, darkest moments of our lives that which can teach us to be stronger.

I see some Suicidal people as being selfish, it is a very selfish act. So, if someone is selfish enough to commit suicide, he/she should be able to understand my selfishness to protect myself and cut off the friendship.

Of course, this is excusing the people who have serious mental health issues and do commit Suicide. But someone who is extremely smart and talented, wanting and committing Suicide, I have a problem dealing with it. Again, I think they are selfish and are not willing to understand the meaning of life.

Last week, as I spoke to a very close relative who told me that he was going to kill himself because he ( thought ) was in serious trouble and he was not able to handle it, he told me, he would kill himself straight out and that was it, he made up his mind, flat and clear, I realized how easy is for anyone to become Suicidal. As I remained calm and spoke to him a bit, slowly he told me what the trouble was. I had to speak to him slowly and let him open up on his own. Once I realized what was the big "Trouble" that he thought he had (which it was not), I was able to talk him out of his Suicidal choice/mentality. The solution was very plain and simple to his "trouble", just with one small conversation I was able to give clarity to his mind and thoughts.

I don't think that God created us for the purpose of doing such a thing as Suicide and self destruction. I believe that we can uplift each other. Of course in serious situations like Suicide, I am not professionally prepared, licensed or educated to deal with it and give the right care and support. Helping a relative with it, was easy. However helping someone who is not a relative and have serious issues or mental health issues is something that I can not do, it is extremely draining and tiring at all levels. If you are Suicidal there are so many things that can be done to prevent it and find joy in life, and the first step is seeking professional help with a Licensed Therapist or by calling the National Suicide Prevention hotline 1-800-273-8255.

2 comments:

Steve Shiflett said...

Talked with an older psychologist a while back "informally". I asked him how he can talk to all these people who are in such need and on the edge without becoming depressed and deranged himself. He said that the health care workers have to discipline themselves to not become emotionally attached to the people they work with. I suppose it would be how we feel about people we work with. We like them well enough, but if they get run down by a truck, we don't spend a lot of time in grief over their demise... and I can say that as I got older, that detachment was easier as I saw a lot of people come and go.

AuraIam said...

Great point Steve. It is human nature to become emotionally attached with friends and relatives that is why family and friends can not give therapy, but a licensed Therapist is the right choice.

To be human is to have emotions.